Anurdhapura Ruwanwelimahseya Pilgrimage

 

Ruwanwaliseya is the holiest place I visit once every year, which I have the most respect for as a Buddhist. I have a great devotion to this place since Dronayak relics. I usually go here in the morning or after 5 pm. I find this place very comforting during those times. This year too I am going to visit my favorite and trusted Ruwanwaliseya in a few days.

This time we left for Anuradhapura by a train that was in the day. The train arrived at Gampaha railway station around 12.30 noon and reached Anuradhapura railway station at around 4.30 pm.  

 

  After that we went to Nawathin place. Next day at 6 am we left for Ruwanwelimahasaya. This time, we performed milk food offerings, flower offerings, Ata Pirikara and other Pirikara offerings, and incense offerings. Religious activities were also performed with faith. Kanchuka also touched the offerings. After about 3 hours in the Ruwanwelimahasae area, we left it when the sun was setting.



      

       








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to Ella by the Train

My School is Bandaranyake College - Gampaha

My favorite Sri Lankan Acoustic Band